I Pee in Moonwells

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the I Pee in Moonwells guild forum.

Announcements
Announcement History

Traicy - Sat Oct 1, 2011, 20:13
Could all guild members please read and respond to: This topic.

T3hD4rk - Sat May 28, 2011
, 21:09
It's that time of the year again! The IPiM guild awards, head over here to place your vote!
https://ipim.forumotion.co.uk/t114-guild-awards-the-comeback-bitches-vol-2

T3hD4rk - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 20:29
If you are a newly registered guild member, either PM me, or drop a post somewhere and I will set your guild member rank,
you will then be able to see member specific forums. Please include your ingame name.

+3
Logaritmus
Slashi
Igen
7 posters

Warlock - Affliction

Igen
    Igen
    Veteran

Character sheet
    Name: Igen
    Class: Warlock
    Level: 80

Warlock - Affliction Empty Warlock - Affliction

Post by Igen Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 am

Well I'm making this guide because I tried affliction lately and it's kinda better than destruction in my opinion. (at retail it was better for sure anyway:p) NOTE: it's a PVE guide.

At first it might be confusing for some people, because you have shitload of dots and debuffs. Most of these are refreshed with your spellcasts so it ends up in using even less buttons than in destruction :d kinda weird.

As for talent I use: THIS

Some reasons you may ask for:

-Curse of Agony is better dps than Curse of Doom in affliction, so make sure to use this. When there is another warlock in the group ask him to use Curse of Elements because your CoA does more dmg than his/her. When no other warlocks/balancedruids/unholyDKs there you should sacrifice your CoA for CoE (helps the raid alot).
    -The secondary talent tree must be in destruction. The 15 points I spent till Ruin is a MUST for every pve affliction warlock, as your filler spell is Shadow bolt (and in most cases it does the most damage).
    -After Ruin I've put points on Intensity and Destructive Reach. Intensity is for pushback. I really don't want to get a 3 sec cast shadow bolt instead of 1.7 sec. A lot DPS waste imo. Destructive Reach is for threat reduction. You spam Shadow bolt anyway. These 3 talent points are really optional. You can put them elsewhere like:

• Suppression if you're lacking hit rating

• Dark pact + Improved felhunter combo is great too if you'd prefer draining your pet's mana instead of your own HP. This isn't really viable tho because of pet bugs, and I don't think Improved felhutner even works.

And plenty other options. Still I think Intensity is the best to use here.

About Glyphs:

1. Glyph of Haunt - 3% dmg all bonus. Really worth it.
    2. Glyph of Quick Decay - You are going to have plenty of haste, and Corruption is one of your main dmg source.
    3. Glyph of Curse of Agony - Here I took this because it frees 4 sec to me before I need to refresh it. That means at least 2 shadow bolts. Other opportunity would be Glyph of Unstable Affliction but this only lowers it's cast time by 0.2 sec, which makes not even one shadow bolt :d And still you won't need that because you will have enough haste to get it to 1 sec cast.

As for minors, use w/e.

What pet should I use?

-It's obvious to me: Felhunter

He has the most dps in this spec. Shadow bite benefits from your dots on the target making it stronger.
    The only problem with it is he is a melee pet. Means he will die easily from flames at Lord for example and such.

Stats:

First of all you need to be hit capped. You need to reach 17% hit rating, which means you need 14% if a shadow priest or balance druid present in your raid, or 11% if you are specced into Supression too.

The main stat you aim for is Spell Power. This makes your spells hit harder, and even increases the mana returned from life tap.

Secondary stat is haste. Your corruption benefits from it greatly, and other spells such as Shadow Bolt. It doesn't have DR unlike crit, and your Drain Soul can't even crit. Going for crit is foolish and ends up in less dps. Thus you should use the Spellstone (the 60 haste one) that adds 1% dot dmg anyway.

If you're happen to be a spirit stacker (aims for gear with spirit on it) you would have more spellpower for sure, but you'll lack in crit or haste (yes crit is important tho till a specific point. Means just don't ever gem it). This is viable, but I personally don't like it. If you'd prefer this, just change your Glyph of Curse of Agony to Glyph of Life Tap.

In gem slots I'd use 23 sp in reds, 12 sp 10 haste in yellows, and fill in 2 blues for meta with 12 sp 10 spirit. When the socket bonus is useless for you (like intellect) just simply use 23 sp.
    In meta I use 21 crit, 3% increased crit bonus. This has the most benefits to you.

Rotation:

NO, we don't have a "rotation". It's called priority system.

Well at the start of the encounter make sure to use a trinket with on use spell power, then quickly change back to a trinket that has spellpower proc before you get in combat. (or Reign of the dead if you have it :p) This is like a pre-pot. You start with a great spellpower increase, thus it increases your initial burst. Easy to make this with a macro:

/equip your on use trinket
    /use your on use trinket
    /equip your original trinket

Remember to hit this macro twice!

First you'll have to start with a Shadow Bolt. This applies the 5% crit effect on your target. Then you use Haunt, and then another Shadow bolt, so now you'll have the 3 stacks of Shadow Embrace (15%), and your Haunt (23%) on the target. Now you can start doting. Start with an Unstable Affliction, then CoA. Corruption is a bit tricky. Try to apply it when you have the most procs on. Refreshing corruption with Everlasting Affliction (aka Haunt or Shadow Bolt) does not reset the spell power (nor the crit/haste) of the dot. So if you apply Corruption with 6k spell power, it will tick for around 8k till it drops.

After having all your dots on the target, start filling the space with Shadow bolt. Remember your Haunt should never fall off, try casting it when it's off the cooldown. In case of UA and CoA you wouldn't clip the last dot, so cast UA when about 1 sec time left from your UA on the target, and cast CoA when it has already faded.

Actually that 3 spells + a filler. I feel like a paladin. Filler is changed under 25% hp. Your drain soul does 4 times it's dmg when hitting a target under 25% hp making it stronger than shadow bolt. Also with death's embrace talent under 35% hp you deal 12% more dmg, but you have to reapply your dots for it. It's not a problem with UA and CoA, but make sure to use a corruption under 35%.

I think I've covered pretty much everything. I may recheck it later when I get back, but I have to go now. Happy doting!

Last edited by Igen on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:08 am; edited 4 times in total
    Slashi
    Raid Wiper
    Raid Wiper

Character sheet
    Name: Slashi
    Class: Warrior

Warlock - Affliction Empty Re: Warlock - Affliction

Post by Slashi Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 am

Igen wrote:The only problem with it is he is a melee pet. Means he will die easily from flames at Lord for example and such.

Nub, I used to heal your fucking pet in raids..! This guide is cool, I think you helped a lot to our affli locks in da guild! Wink
    Logaritmus
    Logaritmus
    Overlord
    Overlord

Character sheet
    Name: Logaritmus
    Class: Druid

Post by Logaritmus Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am

Slashi wrote: our affli locks in da guild! Wink

Where? >.>

anyhow nice guide, keep it up and troll this guide instead of mine now.
    madkiwi
    madkiwi
    Very "Special"

Character sheet
    Name: Kiwibubble
    Class: Tankadin

Post by madkiwi Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks Igen, looking forward to trying this out, nice work cheers
    Chegz
    Chegz
    Guild Member

Post by Chegz Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Nice been thinking in trying out afflic in pve and this sure will help xD
    madkiwi
    madkiwi
    Very "Special"

Character sheet
    Name: Kiwibubble
    Class: Tankadin

Post by madkiwi Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Chegz wrote:Nice been thinking in trying out afflic in pve and this sure will help xD

You play PVE? I thought you just wandered round the world wtfraping people... who knew Very Happy
    Chegz
    Chegz
    Guild Member

Post by Chegz Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I pretty much do w/e guild is doing,would never join a pug.
    2fast4ucro
    2fast4ucro
    Unloved
    Unloved

Character sheet
    Name: meggy
    Class: is
    Level: bad

Post by 2fast4ucro Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 am

rolling dots glich wink wink
    Igen
    Igen
    Veteran

Character sheet
    Name: Igen
    Class: Warlock

Post by Igen Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 am

2fast4ucro wrote:rolling dots glich wink wink

Affli locks don't have rolling dots wink wink. But I know what you mean.
    2fast4ucro
    2fast4ucro
    Unloved
    Unloved

Character sheet
    Name: meggy
    Class: is
    Level: bad

Post by 2fast4ucro Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:47 am

well it was under rolling dots fixes so... Wink

anyway ima try that spec, i already made affi spec, slightly different, some time ago but didnt even test it b/c i didnt know what to cast in pve, need to l2p

nice tips fgt
    scubasteve
    scubasteve

Character sheet
    Name:
    Class:
    Level:

Post by scubasteve Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 am

ok ill give it a try too

Sponsored content