I Pee in Moonwells

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the I Pee in Moonwells guild forum.

Announcements
Announcement History

Traicy - Sat Oct 1, 2011, 20:13
Could all guild members please read and respond to: This topic.

T3hD4rk - Sat May 28, 2011
, 21:09
It's that time of the year again! The IPiM guild awards, head over here to place your vote!
https://ipim.forumotion.co.uk/t114-guild-awards-the-comeback-bitches-vol-2

T3hD4rk - Sun Feb 20, 2011, 20:29
If you are a newly registered guild member, either PM me, or drop a post somewhere and I will set your guild member rank,
you will then be able to see member specific forums. Please include your ingame name.

+6
croes
The Big M
Keyes
Mr.Teddy
dxkid90
Therapy
10 posters

Current state of the guild and our future.

Therapy
    Guild Member

Current state of the guild and our future. Empty Current state of the guild and our future.

Post by Therapy Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Oookay.
    Currently, I Pee in Moonwells is one of the biggest horde english-speaking guilds, and one of the most successful guilds on the server. We have our site, the biggest subforum, ventrilo channel; we got a lot of helpful and nice people in our guild, and such big and nice famaly attracts more and more new people.
    And some time ago I started catching myself on fact that I can't talk to everyone online like "Hey shar fag, what about having some sex in skype" because I simply don't know anything about a person except his nickname.
    More or less, it is a common problem lately.
    Also, sometimes I notice that fellow guild members aren't that good as we're used to see.

So, in few words, some people (including me) encounter bad knowledge of our guildies and somehow lower skill than before.
    Ofcourse, there are few another problems, but I will not focus on them now (does NOT imply that they're not important).

Usually after such wall'o'text goes an offer how to solve the stated issues, and mine post will not be an exception. I offer for now 2 things:
    •Closing guild applications, or at least limiting the circle of people that can be invited (ie only famous players or friends f veterans/credited members/officers). I guess everything is quite obvious in this paragraph.
    •Organazing static raid groups.
    Firstly, joint work (gaming in our case) often brings people together.
    Secondly, during raids we can make some chat-pauses and just talk about us, disucssing some events IRL, sharing thinks, ideas etc (ofc if people will like such pauses :p)
    Thirdly, we won't raid ICC only. We can raid older instances, check some hard/fun encounters, which will increase PvE experience and skill of the raiders.

So, that's what I offer, closing apps and organazing static raid groups.
    As starter, I'm up to create the first one. And I will NOT accept more than 4 veterans, at least 5 persons have to be newbies.

That's it. Discuss.
    dxkid90
    dxkid90
    Guild Member

Character sheet
    Name: Dkid / Sokidy
    Class: DK (Blood) / Warrior (Prot)
    Level: 80 / 80

Current state of the guild and our future. Empty Re: Current state of the guild and our future.

Post by dxkid90 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:52 pm

This is Kid (incase some of u wonder who is dxkid)

•Closing guild applications
    - i have no words for it bec i don't have much friends in game and quite alot of ppl wisper me about joining our guild, and i told them to summit their application at our forum, and some just 'ok thanks' or 'nvm then' and some just ask me 'y do u need to be so strict' ... so i don't know any alternative bec i don't recall we do in-game invite until application form is approve... unless i'm out dated

•Organazing static raid groups
    - is this a suggestion for who is will do be a raid leader? i don't mind doing the old contient raid like molten core, BwL, AQ, etc, and dailies as well, but things like ToC and ICC for me is kinda like a big role... and some ppl in our guild usually BG or arena, so are u offering position for raiding enjoyment purposes...

Sorry if i missed understand the whole content bec english is not my 1st language
    Mr.Teddy
    Mr.Teddy
    Jr. Officer
    Jr. Officer

Current state of the guild and our future. Empty Re: Current state of the guild and our future.

Post by Mr.Teddy Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:38 pm

No.

There is simply no need for this, currently we got some people that are just learning, they arent bad. Closing applications is not a option, our guild isnt that terribly big and we could use some new meat, although I won't honestly vouch anyone who I seem to find unable to raid properly. By all means, get those veteran hero players though, im talking to a few myself regulary and I've got a few promising ones atm that are willing to join (neg, for example)

We have raid leaders, its just wether or not people feel like it. Last weekend for example we had some succesfull icc 25, if you wish to do older instances, which i've done frequently, simply start one. Dont expect as much people as for wotlk instances though, but i got some good nice raids going there for BT for example. And we do have chat pauses, its right before the boss Razz Just talk men

We also do events, but those are rare. (like the spawn in SW in pink tabard and try to get to the lake first, event) If you want something like that you could help organize one, should be fun.
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 pm

I look forward.
    We are NOT bad. But if we will get a lot of people that are learning, A LOT, then we will become bad.

Also, I wasn't talking about some really old instances. Only wotlk stuff.
    Keyes
    Keyes
    Jr. Officer
    Jr. Officer

Post by Keyes Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Guild Applications

I think having open applications is perfectly fine. If we close our applications, it'll seem like we're creating a secret club that only our friends and awesome people can be included in. I feel that it's excluding the applicants whose personalities and ideas and knowledge can benefit the whole guild.

Raid Teams

This too, I disagree with. It'll just create a big circle jerk with all the good players who get gear and makes the newbies feel like they're not good enough to be put on a team. Yes, it'll bring the raid closer together, but what about the rest of the guild?

We've got a lot of new blood, and I think that having them learn isn't necessarily a bad thing. We have people that know the ins and outs of their class, and all they need to do is speak up.
    dxkid90
    dxkid90
    Guild Member

Character sheet
    Name: Dkid / Sokidy
    Class: DK (Blood) / Warrior (Prot)
    Level: 80 / 80

Post by dxkid90 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:37 pm

I agree on keyes on the apps, that how we need to find deticated ppl and also allowed us to control our guild growth. Maybe need to upgrade our application format(just a suggestion)

For the raid part i sort of agree with keyes but mostly the problem was the 10 man & 25 man raid, we can easily get 10 ppl for toc or icc but about 3 - 7 will be left out, and 25 seems like a big number and ppl want 25 man gears when they go into the raid but end up sone ppl getting upset bec they wasted few hours on raid and didn't get anything out of it. Maybe we need a new looting system. But i have only one idea but not sure it would be good.

And for the new meats, i don't know y but some like to boast about how awesome they are and some do jokes (some are not even funny) and some just do their own thing ( like me i guess) and i notice quite alot are so into arena's that even pass out g-raid for it, is kinda hard for me to keep track who wants pve more or pvp more.
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 am

NO.
    I'm sorry for the misunderstand, but when I was talking about creating raid groups, I wasn't talking about getting all cool people in one group. Each 10 person group, from my point of view, has to contain at least 5 newbies.
    My point: I get a group, for example shar, igen, me and 7 newbies. And every, fox example, monday and wednesday we group up and run through choosen wotlk 10 mans. For some of you it may look weird, but a lot of people haven't ever encountered such fights like Thaddius, Mimiron, Vezax; not a lot of people have ToC/ICC achievements and such. I'm trying to offer experience and fun TO NEWBIES.

Regarding apps closing - not permanently, lol.
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 am

Btw, about pvp/pve. I don't offer that, just sayin' that big retail guilds have PvP and PvE wings.
    JUST SAYIN'.
    Mr.Teddy
    Mr.Teddy
    Jr. Officer
    Jr. Officer

Post by Mr.Teddy Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 am

Lol, I look forward to. But I can tell you these suggestions will have a bad effect, even though some are learning they *are* willing to listen, and have, and as a result their dps goes up. But still, those people are the minority, we got people like gor, neg, zander etc who are absolutely fine at what they do.

Again, theres simply no need for this.
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 am

Once again I'm outplaywed by the majority D: But I still have the same opinion.
    The Big M
    The Big M
    Very "Special"

Character sheet
    Name: I
    Class: Love
    Level: Ryan D:

Post by The Big M Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:50 am

If ain't broken then don't fix it!
    croes
    Guild Member

Character sheet
    Name: Croes
    Class: Paladin
    Level: 80

Post by croes Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:25 am

*bites therapy*

Well, Therapy has a point, I've experienced it in my passed guilds, the people that have an alt or come from Canes can acknowledge that if they've been around for long enough at least. Though, closing applications won't help all you can do is just stay strict and kick the bad ones out once you see them. Another thing is having active officers(and I mean not just logging in but really active for the guild in organising raids, events, w/e..). This is a very crucial point in my opinion.

About people only knowing eachothers names, i also agree to that. If you get people to participate actively then this will be solved in no time. Like you suggest therapy the raids, those are very good though that's just one thing you can do. I believe that having those good officers again will surely help out again here because making events and getting people to join will automatically stimulate talking to eachother.

As for that "pvp wing" I can take care of that. I like to do premades and I do organise them but I would ask people to read my topic and download the add-on so I can continue doing this. Of course it doesn't just have to stay with premades, but at the moment this is the easiest thing.

Ps: I Don't mean officers are bad :> I'm speaking in general so don't feel offended.

Pps: Except for you Shar, PEDERUU!
    2fast4ucro
    2fast4ucro
    Unloved
    Unloved

Character sheet
    Name: meggy
    Class: is
    Level: bad

Post by 2fast4ucro Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 am

^ what a feg

but i have to agree D:
    Logaritmus
    Logaritmus
    Overlord
    Overlord

Character sheet
    Name: Logaritmus
    Class: Druid

Post by Logaritmus Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 am

I don't really think, new guildmates need additional help with going social in-guild, that is pretty much a requirement, to "move freely" in the atmosphere we usually have.
    For those who are shy, joining raids is an excellent idea aswell as anything that is done by more than 3 people.

events: we do need to improve that, Ryan had some tries on that, but we didn't really have many volunteers.

as for raids, raids usually need a leader, and this "leader" is mostly: Kiwi, Traicy and... oh yea, that's pretty much it.
    I was sometimes told to "go, make a raid for me" which i hav erecently given up.

and yes, lately I haven't done much for the guild as an officer, I'll have to confess that, but i'll try to change this, maybe organise raids, i am already working on ideas about events.

Chegz
    Chegz
    Guild Member

Post by Chegz Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am

About applications, I dont think it should be closed because good and nice players should always be welcome, and we are not overpopulated cuz i've found the guild empty or almost empty alot of times and since i can only play at weekends it sucks not to have someone to chat with or do something with.

About Pvp/pve wings, im not against and yet I dont think its necessary,i mean, i enjoy pvp the most but i have no problem helping someone with a raid if needed and for what ive seen, the other pvp players in guild have no problem with helping too.

About events: MOAR EVENTS!
    2fast4ucro
    2fast4ucro
    Unloved
    Unloved

Character sheet
    Name: meggy
    Class: is
    Level: bad

Post by 2fast4ucro Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 am

moar 2 prot 1 lock events imo :>

btw i've found a very ncie way to get in raid, inv evan and pass him lead, srsly that works and evan should be raid wiper liek bawz!

croes is nub l2p
    madkiwi
    madkiwi
    Very "Special"

Character sheet
    Name: Kiwibubble
    Class: Tankadin

Post by madkiwi Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Sounds like 75% of the guild, start raid,inv officer pass lead and say get us new gears now!!

Its not entirely like that,but it does happen.

Personally, i have stopped organising and leading raids for some time now,i have just found the attitude from some people is bad when in the raid group and that has put me off it, i was hoping some others would step in to fill my position but that does not seem to have happened. I like to raid, i like to take it srsly, and have some fun while doing it, fucking off 9 (or24) other people at your own expense is bollocks to me, if you want to raid to get gears, learn tactics, farm rep or w/e, at least become one with the group, if you want to act like a cock and piss others off then dont bother joining. And keep getting low geared and new members into graids, we do not want to seperate ourselves into a group of elites that only do our own shit, officers, raid wipers and senior members are here to help the guild and its members, with rank comes responsibilty.

Keep guild apps open, its all good, this closed ranks and inv pro people only is horseshit, none of us started this game as pr0's, give the newbies a chance, most want to learn and can be taught, in that way we get to know tham bettr and they enjoy doing it.

Peace <3
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Wasn't talking about ingame skills while talking about closing apps.
    Was talking about playing with unknown people.
    And since I spend a lot of time online, I doubt that it's my problem.

Aaaand.. I see what do you think, okay, I will take that into consideration. And start my.. changes? no, hell, dunno.. in other way.
    madkiwi
    madkiwi
    Very "Special"

Character sheet
    Name: Kiwibubble
    Class: Tankadin

Post by madkiwi Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 am

wait,wut?
    Therapy
    Guild Member

Post by Therapy Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:15 am

Zomg teh drama.
    Nice to read such old stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am